What's the difference between short and long phone numbers?
Textizen campaigns can use either short code (e.g. 12345) or long code (e.g. 123-456-7890) phone numbers. In general, most local campaigns use long code numbers, while large state and federal campaigns typically choose short codes.
By default, Textizen automatically assigns a long code number to any new poll or message created within the platform. Short code phone numbers must be purchased through a separate process, and added to your account by hand by our technical team.
Here is a quick breakdown of the differences between short and long code phone numbers.
- Significantly higher cost
- Longer lead time: 12-16 week approval process from carriers
- Designed for extremely high-volume texting (10-30 messages per second)
- Assigned within minutes
- Included in your Textizen subscription
- Choose your local area code
- Designed for normal to high volume texting
Still not sure which one is right for your campaign? Your Textizen representative can help you decide.